11 March 2010

There's no place like home...

Some of you who have been with the game a good few years might remember that it was originally based on a sim racing community forum called High Gear.

Over the years, the site eventually lost out in the race against RaceSimCentral, much to the dismay of the core HG population. However, with RSC (yet again) collapsing under its own pomp, NEA has brought High Gear back to life, with backing from the site's original founder, Henk Ensing.

The site is growing daily and there are big plans in place to turn it once again into the sim racing community forum. Looking through my list of players I can see a few High Gear originals and it'd be great to turn back time and welcome you back into the HG fold. Please check it out.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheers for the link dude. It would be great to see some more of the original HG members back "at home", as it were.

We have some exciting things in the pipeline for High Gear and it would be great to build a true sim-racing community again.

Unknown said...

Cool! Ahhh the good ol'days!!! Let's start the Schumacher bashing!

Kidding ;)

Unknown said...

I've registered. Nice of you to bring back HG Nea.

Anonymous said...

Ooh that's a long time ago! I'm going to register right now! Nickname = 2nd

Fisichella

Anonymous said...

Bring back to the return to HG Glory!

Count me in :)

- Karan

Unknown said...

Still waiting on your signup Karan. Unless you used a different email and I thought you were a spam bot...

Unknown said...

And by e-mail, I obviously mean username.

(It's been a long, long day!)

Anonymous said...

Was a bit late in registering, but have just submitted the form right now.

Karan

UnclePeJay said...

Great to have HG back!

Anonymous said...

I've joined as my old name of Forever_R5. I'm looking foward to being back there as well.

Now, will Ian be back?

Unknown said...

we odn't nkow for shore :D

Unknown said...

alom cirE. Eye dwon't tihnk Iaiaaiain wlii eb cabk nay miet noso.

Atomic said...

Dude, Iain's spelling was even worse than that :D

Unknown said...

Yea, but despite my mental retardation and general lack of ability in life, I just can't force myself to spell that badly. It feels, well, wrong. :p

Anonymous said...

Haha Good ole Iain! He was a mod too on HG wasnt he?

Karan

Unknown said...

He became Admin when Henk handed over the day to day running of HG.